The Burys

The Burys

Sunday, January 10, 2010


Great weekend! I think that my work with people with disabilities has expanded into that time in which is very personal to me. Its not work but its spending time with them in social situations. Visiting their homes and just hanging out. That is where I think that we both see each other in new and wonderful ways. The communication and intimacy opens to new levels. Jen, Amanda, Sarah, Jabberjaw(DJ) and I went to the Cup of Joy and enjoyed the praise music. Jen and I also visited Peter and we listened to old vinyl records that he had. I had not herd an old vinyl record in a long time. I was captivated. We celebrated DJ's birthday at Jens parents house. All five of us had "beaner pizza" and cheese cake. Great time of celebration with family and friends. Sunday we went to the youth convention in Green Bay. Three thousand teenagers in the convention center singing and dancing for Jesus was stunning.
The future for Able church is very inspiring to me. I am very thankful to be a part of it. I am amazed at the Lords work building and maintaining it. I am very excited to watch people with disabilities connect with Christ in new ways and watch that extend itself into worship and praise. I think that its the worship from people with disabilities that is very sweet and special to the Lord. Its my prayer that its that worship that would stay pure and uncontaminated from the world or me.

No comments:

Post a Comment