The Burys

The Burys

Monday, April 5, 2010

The reality of the presence of GOD is shocking to me especially when I just settle in the realization of the work that He has accomplished and is doing in my life. What a wonderful year it has been. A few weeks ago Jen and I celebrated the one year anniversary of my moving from Montana to Camp Daniel. It has been the best year of my life and it just keeps getting better. The labor at Camp has been exhausting. I remember thinking before I left Montana a year ago, "How much work is there really to do at a summer bible camp in the off season?" My experience is that the labor in the ministry for the disabled is huge and like most effective ministries the laborers are few. I think that my social life has been given a complete overhaul. Those deep personal relationships with people with disabilities are the best. They are deep, difficult, fulfilling, loving, colorful, and even strange. The greatest is that they are not predictable and they take me places that sometimes I am not willing to go. The greatest of all is the true heart filled praise and worship that I get to take part in every Friday at Able Church. It really is a piece of Camp Daniel every week. I look ahead and pray that the Lord would help Able Church grow and that the relationships that were formed at camp would not be lost. That our staff could have the time and resources to foster and grow those relationships and create new ones with the surrounding group homes. That the Lord would raise up laborers in Able church so the ministry could stay fresh and vibrant. THANK YOU CAMP DANIEL AND ABLE CHURCH for a wonderful opportunity to invest in things above.
Marceaux

No comments:

Post a Comment