The Burys

The Burys

Monday, December 2, 2013

Stop and Think

Job 37:14 NIRV
"Job, listen to me. Stop and think about the wonderful things God does.
What a simple request for me today. How difficult it is just to find some solitude and comfort from my own thinking. My desires I have let wander and my affections are always on the wrong things. My time is spend securing the things that I  need and whats left is given away grudgingly.
How great it is to stop and take it all in. My life is a whirl wind with a toddler then all of a sudden he slows down with you and those intimate embraces are the best. I wish I could live a million years in the embrace of my one and a half year old. The last diaper that I change will be a heart breaker because those days will never be again. Its "those days" that
I always want to live in but I am finding out with my son is that "those days" are now in the present. They are best celebrated slowly.

No comments:

Post a Comment