The Burys

The Burys

Sunday, November 13, 2011

Fatherhood

Have been thinking about how my life will take on a new direction. Ready or not I will receive the greatest gift that a person could receive, the gift of life. Looked at a father with his two year old young daughter and I found out that I could not wait for the day to arrive when I would have a child like that. I get overwhelmed with joy when I answer the question                 " Marceaux what has Jesus done in your life lately? " I think back at a period in my life when answering that question fostered resentment in my heart. I walked those long and boring laps around Mt. Sinai. Had a fella pour his heart to me while I was attending college. He expressed that life really was not opening up its doors for him and at the time those doors for me were closed as well. Well the difference is that Jesus has brought that fresh newness to my life, He has opened the doors once again. The great thing is that with the open door is the moral courage to walk through it into fatherhood. Thank you Jesus. Its been a long road.

1 comment:

  1. You will be an excellent father, Marceaux and Jen will be an excellent mother. And you will have so many others to help you both in loving and encouraging your child. I am excited for you.

    ReplyDelete