The Burys

The Burys

Monday, November 21, 2011

In The Womb- Vol. 3

Thankfulness.

As the Thanksgiving season is approaching, there has been an increase discussion about thankfulness. Obviously, it is easy to be thankful for the good things in our life, but it is often difficult to be thankful for the hard things in life. We may say we are thankful, but are we really?

As we prayed in our last staff meeting, I distinctly remember thanking the Lord for my pregnancy struggles. I have been struggling severely with nausea and other unpleasant side effects of pregnancy. Unable to eat, not able to go number 2, bloated and vomiting, came to a climax last week. I have not been able to enjoy food for the past 3 months. Needless to say, it took a lot of effort and convincing to say that prayer. After my prayer, I remember thinking to myself, "Jen, you are just saying that because you are suppose to." It wasn't until last Friday night that prayer became more of a reality.

Last Friday night at The Able Church, Pastor Tim had called up Molly to share about her Christmas plan for The Able Church to buy an animal for a family in need in a third world country. After Molly sat down, Pastor Tim called me up. It didn't register at first that he was calling on me. But when I realized he wanted me up front, I panicked a bit and thought, "Was I suppose to prepare something?" But then he proceeded to explain to the group how I have been struggling physically with my pregnancy. He wanted everyone as a group to gather around me to pray for me.

The members of The Able Church are very eager to pray for each other's needs and care for them. At least 15 people jumped out of their seats and gathered all round me, pushing their way in to try to touch me and laying hands on my belly. I was overwhelmed by the flood of love and care. (Even as I type this, I am overwhelmed with tears rolling down my face).

No, I was not instantly healed. I actually got nauseous on the way home and still struggling a bit (though things are better than last week!). I may struggle with this all the way through. However, last Friday night standing in that circle, there was a different healing. A peace was given to me that no matter what happens, I have a loving community around me. We will raise our child with so many people loving him/her and praying for him/her. It joyfully overwhelmed me to think about raising our child in the center of the disability community with the love and care he/she will receive. At that moment, a deep sincere feeling of thankfulness filled me. I am thankful for The Able Church, I am thankful for the Camp Daniel community, I'm thankful for my family...and at that moment, I truly experienced thankfulness for my pregnancy struggles so I could experience that love, care and peace that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment